[cyborg] [ptg] PTG summary
sundar.nadathur at intel.com
Mon May 6 21:17:41 UTC 2019
Thanks to all Cyborg, Nova and Ironic developers for the productive PTG.
* Cyborg-Nova integration: Demo slides are here . The xproj etherpad with summary of outcomes is , and includes the demo slides link at the bottom. (The Cyborg PTG etherpad  also contains the link to the slides in Line 26.)
Good to see that Nova has made Cyborg integration as a cycle theme .
* Major goals for Train release  were unanimously agreed upon.
* Mapping names to IDs: All agreed on the need. The discussion on how to do that needs to be completed. By using alternative mechanisms for function IDs and region IDs, we could potentially avoid the need for a new API.
* Good discussions on a variety of other topics, as can be seen in , but they need follow-up.
* Owners identified for most of the ToDo tasks .
* In offline conversations after the PTG, ZTE developers have agreed to help with getting tempest CI started, to be followed up by others later.
* Cyborg-Ironic cross-project : Good discussion. The need for the integration was understood: between the types of bare metal servers, and varying number/types of accelerators, there is a combinatorial explosion of the number of variations; Cyborg can help address that. Need to write a spec for the approach.
* Cyborg/Nova integration:
o Drive Nova spec to closure, write and merge some Cyborg specs (device profiles, REST API), merge Cyborg pilot code into master, incorporate some feedback in Nova patches.
o Set up tempest CI, with a real or fake device.
o Only after both steps above are done will Nova patches get merged.
* Need to write a bunch of specs: Cyborg (REST API spec, driver API spec?), DDP-related specs, Ironic+Cyborg spec.
* Complete the discussions on remaining items.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the openstack-discuss