[nova][ptg] Summary: Extra specs validation
openstack at fried.cc
Fri May 3 04:11:09 UTC 2019
Summary: Schema for syntactic validation of flavor extra specs, mainly
to address otherwise-silently-ignored fat-fingering of keys and/or values.
- Do it in the flavor API when extra specs are set (as opposed to e.g.
during server create)
- One spec, but two stages:
1) For known keys, validate values; do this without a microversion.
2) Validate keys, which entails
- Standard set of keys (by pattern) known to nova
- Mechanism for admin to extend the set for snowflake extra specs
specific to their deployment / OOT driver / etc.
- "Validation" will at least comprise messaging/logging.
- Optional "strict mode" making the operation fail is also a possibility.
More information about the openstack-discuss