Migrating git repos to OpenDev

David Moreau Simard dmsimard at redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 14:53:37 UTC 2019

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 1:04 PM Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2019-03-10 11:52:33 -0400 (-0400), David Moreau Simard wrote:
> > ARA is an "unofficial" OpenStack project that would be part of this
> > move and I would appreciate if ARA could remain on GitHub where the
> > Ansible community is.
> [...]
> > Is there a way to make this work ?
> [...]
>
> The idea is that you could run a Zuul job in the "post" pipeline
> which pushes the branch tip to a repository in a GitHub (or
> Bitbucket or whatever) remote URL of your choice. The job could
> include credentials for a service account you create with push
> rights for that remote. While the playbook containing the Zuul
> secret would need to be in your repository, the fundamental role to
> perform the git push is probably a good candidate for including in
> Zuul's standard library. You'd probably also want it to run in the
> "tag" pipeline to push a copy of any tag which triggers it.
>
> This ought to be a fairly trivial job and could be set up in advance
> of any changes in Gerrit. Are you perhaps interested in prototyping
> something along these lines? I expect it would be very useful.

Thanks for the clarification Jeremy.

I was under the impression that the challenge with GitHub was not a
technical one.

What I take away from this is that while GitHub will not be supported by
OpenDev, individual projects can still choose to use it on their own.

I'll look at creating roles/jobs around this workflow.

David Moreau Simard
dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]