reply: [lists.openstack.org][nova] API updates week 19-26

Brin Zhang(张百林) zhangbailin at inspur.com
Thu Jul 4 10:45:29 UTC 2019

> Spec Ready for Review:
 5. Add flavor group https://review.opendev.org/#/c/663563/

Brin Zhang

Hello Everyone,

Please find the Nova API updates of this week.

API Related BP :
============

COMPLETED:
1. Support adding description while locking an instance:
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-locked-reason

Code Ready for Review:
------------------------------
1. Add host and hypervisor_hostname flag to create server
- Topic:
https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/add-host-and-hypervisor-hostname-fla
g-to-create-server+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: patch is updated with review comment. ready for
re-review. I will re-review it tomorrow.

2. Specifying az when restore shelved server
- Topic:
https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/support-specifying-az-when-restore-s
helved-server+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: Review comments is fixed and ready to re-review.

3. Nova API cleanup
- Topic: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/666889/
- Weekly Progress: Code is up for review. A lot of files changed but should
be ok to review. I have pushed a couple of patches for missing tests of
previous microversions.

4. Detach and attach boot volumes:
- Topic:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/detach-boot-volume+(status:open+OR
+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: No Progress

Spec Ready for Review:
-----------------------------
1. Nova API policy improvement
- Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/547850/
- PoC:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/policy-default-refresh+(status:ope
n+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: Under review and updates.

2. Support for changing deleted_on_termination after boot
-Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/580336/
- Weekly Progress: No update this week.

3. Support delete_on_termination in volume attach api
-Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/612949/
- Weekly Progress: No updates this week.

4. Add API ref guideline for body text
- ~8 api-ref are left to fix.

Previously approved Spec needs to be re-proposed for Train:
1. Servers Ips non-unique network names :
-
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/servers-ips-non-unique-network-n
ames
-
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/servers-ips-non-unique-network-nam
es+(status:open+OR+status:merged)

2. Volume multiattach enhancements:
-
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/volume-multiattach-enhancements
-
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/volume-multiattach-enhancements+(s
tatus:open+OR+status:merged)

Bugs:
====
No progress report in this week too. I will start the bug triage next week.

NOTE- There might be some bug which is not tagged as 'api' or 'api-ref',
those are not in the above list. Tag such bugs so that we can keep our eyes.

-gmann