[Keystone] How to retrieve secret key for a given access key id

Pritha Srivastava prsrivas at redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 06:53:13 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I have a scenario where I need to retrieve the secret key of a given access
key id (of EC2 credentials) from Keystone. I know that this can be done by
sending a GET request to the following URL:

v3/users/{user_id}/credentials/OS-EC2/access_key_id

I don't have the user_id required for the above request, but I have the
admin username and admin password, that was used to create the EC2
credentials. Is there a way to get the user_id, and then get the secret key
from Keystone?

Thanks,
Pritha