[tripleo][openstack-ansible] collaboration on os_tempest role update V - Jan 08, 2019
chkumar246 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 07:11:07 UTC 2019
Happy New Year all!
Here is the first update (Dec, 19th, 18 to Jan 08, 19) of 2019 on
collaboration on os_tempest role
between TripleO and OpenStack-Ansible projects.
Things got merged:
* Update all plugin urls to use https rather than git -
* Remove octavia in favor of octavia-tempest-plugin -
* Add the manila-tempest-plugin - https://review.openstack.org/626181
* Added support for installing python-tempestconf from git -
* Use tempest_tempestconf_profile for handling named args -
* Use tempest_cloud_name for setting cloudname -
* Add profile argument - https://review.openstack.org/621567
* Add unit test for profile feature - https://review.openstack.org/626889
* Fixed SafeConfigParser deprecation warning for py3 -
* Fix diff in gates - https://review.openstack.org/628180
* Added python-tempestconf-tempest-devstack-admin/demo-py3 -
* On os_tempest side, we have finished the python-tempestconf support
tempest_cloud_name var in order to set cloud name from clouds.yaml
for tempest tests.
* python-tempestconf got --profile feature and added py3 based devstack jobs.
Note: when we use tempest run --subunit It always return exit status
0, It is the desired
behaviour of stestr [https://github.com/mtreinish/stestr/issues/210].
The docs are now getting updated. We are working on implementing
subcommand [https://review.openstack.org/#/c/511172/]related to the same.
* Better tempest black and whitelist management -
* Add support for aarch64 images - https://review.openstack.org/620032
* Fix tempest workspace path - https://review.openstack.org/628182
* Configuration drives don't appear to work on aarch64+kvm -
* Use the inventory to enable/disable services by default -
* Synced tempest plugins names and services -
* Create functional-tests role - https://review.openstack.org/626539
* Enable manila plugin in devstack - https://review.openstack.org/625191
Apart from this we have started working on integrating os_tempest with
devstack and Tripleo
* Devstack - https://review.openstack.org/627482
* Tripleo CI - https://review.openstack.org/627500
We will try to finish os_tempest docs cleanup, whitelist/Blacklist
tests management and os_tempest
I would like to thanks mkopec, arxcruz, cloudnull (reviewing patches
in holidays), mnaser,
jrosser, odyssey4me, marios & quiquell (from tripleo CI team on
helping on os_tempest integration
with Tripleo CI).
Here is the 4th update 
Have queries, Feel free to ping us on #tripleo or #openstack-ansible channel.
More information about the openstack-discuss