[nova] Persistent memory resource tracking model

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Mon Jan 7 13:47:28 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-01-07 at 13:11 +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2019-01-07 10:05:54 +0000 (+0000), Sean Mooney wrote:
> [...]
> > note persistent memory is stream memory so it base 2 not base 10
> > so when we state it 1GB we technically mean 1 GiB or 2^10 bytes
> > not 10^9 bytes
>
> [...]
>
> Not to get pedantic, but a gibibyte is 2^30 bytes (2^10 is a
> kibibyte). I'm quite sure you (and most of the rest of us) know
> this, just pointing it out for the sake of clarity.
yep i spotted that when i was reading the mail back after i send it :)
i kind of wanted to fix it but i assumed most would see its a typo and
didnt wnat to spam.

the main point i wanted to convay was that nvdimm-p is being standarised
by JEDEC and will be using there unit definitions rather then the IEC
definitions typically used by block storage.

thanks for giving me the opertunity to calrify :)