[ironic] Hardware leasing with Ironic

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Wed Feb 6 16:00:40 UTC 2019

A few years ago, there was a discussion in one of the summit forums where users wanted to be able to come along to a generic OpenStack cloud and say "give me the flavor that has at least X GB RAM and Y GB disk space".  At the time, the thoughts were that this could be done by doing a flavour list and then finding the smallest one which matched the requirements.

Would that be an option or would it require some more Nova internals?

For reserving, you could install the machine with a simple image and then let the user rebuild with their choice?

Not sure if these meet what you'd like but it may allow a proof-of-concept without needing too many code changes.

Tim