[tc] Gradually reduce TC to 11 members over 2020

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 03:38:00 UTC 2019

To give a survey on the numbers of the valid commit contributors

We got

61 in Austin :)
1204 contributors in havana [1]
2629 in liberty
2991 in mitaka
3104 in newton (which is peek point) [2]
2581 in ocata
2452 in pike
1925 in queens
1665 in rocky
1612 in stein [3]

I believe the numbers of contributors should reflect on the numbers of TCs.
If we try to compare the ratio (like stein cycle vs past six released
cycles), I think to reduce to 9 (from 13) is acceptable numbers (also
should be more than 7).

And for even number issue, I believe to have 1 cycle of even number TCs
will not affect much. But if we can, odd number definitely helps to reduce
conflict when we end up using a poll to resolved some issues (one TC can
propose solutions but it takes all TCs can to resolve the conflict.).

[1]
https://www.stackalytics.com/?release=havana&project_type=all&metric=commits
[2]
https://www.stackalytics.com/?release=newton&project_type=all&metric=commits