[all] [tc] [ptls] [docs] PDF Community Goal Update
a.settle at outlook.com
Mon Aug 19 10:31:47 UTC 2019
To add to this, I've (finally - sorry) created a tracking etherpad  with summary information, getting started info, and project volunteer list per project.
Please add your name against the project (if it isn't there already) if you are able to, or have been, testing for PDF support. We are still looking for volunteers from each project to kick start the testing.
On 15/08/2019 23:37, Alexandra Settle wrote:
Apologies for the radio silence regarding the PDF Community Goal. Due to vacation and personal circumstance, I've been "offline" for the better part of the last 2 months.
* Stephen Finucane has been working on adding Python 3 support to rst2pdf
* Common issues are being tracked within this etherpad 
* Overall status: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:build-pdf-docs
* We would appreciate anyone who is comfortable with Python to help and volunteer to test the rst2pdf output with Python 2. Working within a larger project like Neutron to see how much it can do, as they have specific styling capabilities.
* NOTE: The original discussion included using the LaTeX builder instead of rst2pdf. However, the LaTeX builder is not playing ball as nicely as we'd like, so we're trying to figure out if this would be easier. The LaTeX builder is still the primary plan, since we still don't know what we're going with and the overlap between the two is significant.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the openstack-discuss