[all][tc] PDF Community Goal Update

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 05:58:54 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I would like to share the status of the PDF community goal.
We made great progresses these two weeks.

Highlights
----------

It is time for working on the PDF community goal in your project!

- openstack-tox-docs job supports PDF build now.
  AJaeger and I worked on the job support of PDF doc build and
publishing and have completed it.
- We confirmed PDF build with the sphinx latex builder works for
several major projects like nova, cinder and neutron.
  The approach with the latex builder should work for most projects.
- First PDF doc is now published from the i18n project.

How to get started
------------------

- "How to get started" section in the PDF goal etherpad [1] explains
the minimum steps.
  You can find useful examples there too.
- To build PDF docs locally, you need to install LaTex related
packages. See "To test locally" in the etherpad [1].
- If you hit problems during PDF build, check the common problems
etherpad [2]. We are collecting knowledges there.
- If you have questions, feel free to ask #openstack-doc IRC channel.

Also Please sign up your name to "Project volunteers" in [1].

Useful links

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/train-pdf-support-goal
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/pdf-goal-train-common-problems
[3] Ongoing reviews: