[devstack][stein][masakari]Using Masakari in multihost devstack stein setup

Sanjay K isanjayk5 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 13:04:21 UTC 2019

Hi Tushar,
Thanks you for your quick response on this. As I have already included the
masakari-monitors plugin in my compute host's local.conf file in devstack,
I have the repo present in my VM. Following the steps to set up the conf
files and start the necessary masakari monitoring processes from this link
https://github.com/openstack/masakari-monitors/blob/master/README.rst I get
the same error when I start the 3 monitoring processes
(masakari-processmonitor, masakari-hostmonitor, masakari-instancemonitor) -

stack at devstack-:/etc/masakarimonitors$ masakari-processmonitor
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/masakari-processmonitor", line 10, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/masakarimonitors/cmd/processmonitor.py",
line 31, in main
    config.parse_args(sys.argv)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/masakarimonitors/config.py",
line 32, in parse_args
    default_config_files=default_config_files)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_config/cfg.py", line
2127, in __call__
    self._check_required_opts()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_config/cfg.py", line
2865, in _check_required_opts
    raise RequiredOptError(opt.name, group)
oslo_config.cfg.RequiredOptError: value required for option auth-url in
group [api]

After masakari setup I can file all the required binaries in my
/usr/local/bin directory -

$ ls -ltr /usr/local/bin/masakari*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  222 Apr 17 01:55 /usr/local/bin/masakari
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  976 Apr 21 23:41
/usr/local/bin/masakari-processmonitor.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  918 Apr 21 23:41
/usr/local/bin/masakari-hostmonitor.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1854 Apr 29 01:01 /usr/local/bin/masakari-wsgi
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  158 Apr 29 01:01 /usr/local/bin/masakari-status
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  158 Apr 29 01:01 /usr/local/bin/masakari-manage
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  158 Apr 29 01:01 /usr/local/bin/masakari-engine
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  155 Apr 29 01:01 /usr/local/bin/masakari-api
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  174 Apr 30 04:34
/usr/local/bin/masakari-processmonitor
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  188 Apr 30 04:34
/usr/local/bin/masakari-introspectiveinstancemonitor
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  175 Apr 30 04:34
/usr/local/bin/masakari-instancemonitor
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  171 Apr 30 04:34 /usr/local/bin/masakari-hostmonitor

Please let me know is there any issue with my masakari setup with devstack
and where can I find latest documentation on Masakari for using in devstack.

thanks for your pointer,
best regards,
Sanjay