[devstack][stein][masakari]Using Masakari in multihost devstack stein setup

Sanjay K isanjayk5 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 09:18:20 UTC 2019

Hi all,
I have been trying to setup Masakari in a 3 node setup - 1 controller + 2
computes with minimal openstack services installed using devstack
stable/stein version. All these 3 nodes are Ubuntu 16.04 VMs. I have
included Masakari plugin in controller's local.conf file and included
masakari-monitor in both compute node's local.conf file. I want to test out
VM/process failure in my test environment. To do so, when I kill one of the
qemu process created for one instance (cirros 256 flavor VMs) on one of the
compute with root user login, I did not see any notification under my
horizon/instance-ha section for this (I have already created Segments,
Hosts under instance-ha in horizon). Also the killed process is not
restarted by Masakari.

I have asked the same question in openstack forum, but not got a single
response.

masakari-notification-on-process-failure
<https://ask.openstack.org/en/question/121490/masakari-notification-on-process-failure/>

Whether any additional services related to Masakari need to be configured
on compute hosts to detect failures since I did not find exactly the
documentation related inside devstack for this.

Please let me know if I am missing anything my set up. Any helps and
pointers are most appreciated.

thank you for your reply.

best regards