[kolla] Instance unable to contact outside network

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Wed Apr 24 10:36:07 UTC 2019

On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 at 09:03, vladimir franciz blando <
vladimir.blando at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Deploying an OpenStack Rocky (1 controller+ceph, 1 compute+ceph)
> environment on Packet.net  using kolla-ansible 7.1.0.  Everything works
> except Instance connectivity going out.
>
> controller1 network http://paste.openstack.org/show/749565/
> compute1 network http://paste.openstack.org/show/749566/
> openvswitch show http://paste.openstack.org/show/749567/
>
> 1. Instance to Instance PING  via it's private IP = success
> 2. Instance to Instance PING via floating IP = success
> 3. Instance to gateway ping = success
> 4. Instance to outside world (ex. 8.8.8.8 or google.com) = failed
> 5. PINGing the instance from the controller node using the floating IP =
> failed
>
> Here is my global.yml file
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/lpAGgrEm8rNe43WeB8Uo/
> Here is my multinode file
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/DL7l1WG2xotH5KziwuyL/
> Here is my init-runounce file http://paste.openstack.org/show/749568/
>
> - Vlad

Hi Vlad,

I see you're using DVR. I'm not too familiar with it, but it sounds like
your external networking on the controller node is not setup properly. They
need to have external network access. There should be a network namespace
for the neutron router, and this should also have external network
connectivity in order to allow SNAT to work (try using ip netns exec <ns>
<command>).

Regards,
Mark