[qa][zun][kuryr][k8s]

Hongbin Lu hongbin034 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 03:54:14 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Right now, we have a devstack plugin [1] to install container engine (i.e.
docker, cri-o). The plugin is currently used by Zun and Kuryr and under the
governance of QA team.

I am working on a patch [2] to enable k8s installation via devstack. Zun
needs this feature to setup the CI for the virtual kubelet provider, and I
heard Kuryr also interest to leverage it.

The original idea is to incorporate k8s installation into
devstack-plugin-container, so that we can avoid the overhead to bootstrap
and maintain a separated plugin. However, the feedback I received so far
gave preference to a separated plugin for k8s, so I sent out this email to
collect more opinions.

Do you prefer a dedicated devstack plugin for k8s, or is fine to reuse the
existing container plugin for this purpose?

[1] https://github.com/openstack/devstack-plugin-container
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/646018/

Best regards,
Hongbin