[nova][scheduler] - Stack VMs based on RAM

Georgios Dimitrakakis giorgis at acmac.uoc.gr
Wed Apr 17 19:02:43 UTC 2019

 Thank you both Melanie and Matt for trying to assist me.

 I have double checked the nova.conf at the controller and here is what
 I have (ignored hashed lines and obfuscating sensitive data):
 https://pastebin.com/hW1PE4U7

 As you can see I have everything with default values as discussed
 before with Melanie except the filters and the weight that I have
 applied that should lead to VM stacking instead of spreading.

 My case scenario is with two compute hosts (let's call them "cpu1" and
 "cpu2") and when an instance is already placed on "cpu2" I expect the
 as you can see from the scheduler log that can find here:
 https://pastebin.com/sCzB9L2e

 Do you see something strange that I fail to recognize?

 Best regards,

 G.