[placement][ptg] Allocation Partitioning

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 00:46:15 UTC 2019

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 19:32:57 -0500, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 4/16/2019 7:22 PM, melanie witt wrote:
>> Today, an ERROR instance that has never been scheduled will consume
>> cores and ram quota usage
>
> Hmm, I wonder if that was also a regression in Pike with counting
> quotas. Because that usage is not real and arguably shouldn't count
> against the tenant.

I don't think so, based on hazy anecdotal experience and a look at the
code which does a quota reservation before scheduling and doesn't appear
to rollback quota in any failure case in conductor:

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/stable/ocata/nova/compute/api.py#L313

I still have my Ocata devstack up, so I'll do a test and reply with the
results for Ocata, Train, and Train + counting from placement.

-melanie