[placement][ptg] Allocation Partitioning

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 00:13:05 UTC 2019

On 4/16/2019 4:03 PM, melanie witt wrote:
> Consumer types would enable us to count instances from placement, I believe.

I don't see how. The GET /usages API doesn't return anything until there
are allocations, and there aren't allocations until the scheduler picks
a host and creates the allocations, and that might fail resulting in
NoValidHost and a server in ERROR status but that doesn't mean there
aren't any instances. Changing that would be a break in behavior for
counting instances.

Matt