[Zun] Openstack Rocky Appcontainer start error

Hongbin Lu hongbin034 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 23:53:34 UTC 2019

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 8:09 AM Navdeep Uniyal <navdeep.uniyal at bristol.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am getting following error while trying to start the ubuntu container
>
> Command: openstack appcontainer run --name containerA --net
> network=5guknet ubuntu ping 8.8.8.8
>

> Error:
>
> status_reason     | Docker internal error: 500 Server Error: Internal
> Server Error ("legacy plugin: Post http://127.0.0.1:23750/Plugin.Activate:
> dial tcp 127.0.0.1:23750: connect: connection refused").

You might want to check the following:

1. if kuryr-libnetwork process is healthy and listens to port 23750 (do
this in each compute node):

   $ sudo systemctl status kuryr-libnetwork
   $ sudo journalctl -u kuryr-libnetwork > kuryr.log

2. if there is anything blocking the port 23750

  $ curl -X POST http://127.0.0.1:23750/NetworkDriver.GetCapabilities

If above doesn't help, you could paste me your kuryr-libnetwork's log (sudo
journalctl -u kuryr-libnetwork > kuryr.log) and config file
(/etc/kuryr/kuryr.conf).

> Secondly, with Heat Template:
>
> heat_template_version: 2015-04-30
>

> resources:
>
>   the_resource:
>
>     type: OS::Zun::Container
>
>     properties:
>
>       cpu: 4
>
>       image: ubuntu
>
>       image_pull_policy: "ifnotpresent"
>
>       interactive: true
>
>       memory: 2048
>
>       name: "ubuntu16"
>
>       command: "ping 8.8.8.8"
>
>       networks: [{"network": 5guknet}]
>
>       restart_policy: "no"
>

> The command I can see on the appcontainer show is : command           |

This looks like a bug. I created a ticket for this:
https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005469