[tc][all] Dropping py35 testing

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Mon Apr 15 13:59:51 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-04-14 at 13:48 -0500, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> All the integration testing has been moved to Bionic[1] now and as discussed in the TC meeting[2],
> we are good to drop the py35 testing.
>
> Train: Good to drop.
> I am going to push the patches to remove the py35 jobs from the master (which is Train now).
so i asked this a number of months ago and at the time i did not get a concreate answer.
if we drop py35 testing that means we are increaseing our minium python 3 version to py36

so projects are free to use python 3.6 only feature correct once py2.7 support is removed.

i recently found out that nova does not work on py37 and if we have no testing for py35 then
its possible that we could also break there so if this goes ahead i want to carify that for train
the only supported python veriosn will by py27 and py36 unless we elect to add py37 support as a train
goal.