[all][tc] Repository renames during OpenDev migration

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 17:01:14 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-04-11 at 16:43 +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2019-04-10 23:27:54 +0100 (+0100), Sean Mooney wrote:
> [...]
> > so after doing this if i clone directly i get
> >
> > sean at pop-os:~/testing$ git clone https://git.openstack.org/openstack/nova
> > Cloning into 'nova'...
> > warning: redirecting to https://opendev.org/openstack/nova/
> > remote: Enumerating objects: 535171, done.
>
> [...]
>
> Perfect, that's git following the redirect just like we intend.
>
> > and if i clone via a local squid proxy i get
> >
> > sean at pop-os:~/testing$ http_proxy=192.168.1.155:32345 git clone http://git.openstack.org/openstack/nova
> > Cloning into 'nova'...
> > remote: Counting objects: 535171, done.
>
> [...]
> > so via the proxy i dont even see the redirct warning
>
> [...]
>
> This is probably normal. Does squid pay attention to your /etc/hosts
> entries, or is it just going directly to DNS lookups? Also possible
> that it cached earlier name lookups.
ah ya that makes sense.

my squid proxy is running in a docker container in k8s cluster deployed on
a singel node openstack deployed in docker via kolla-ansible

so it is definetly not reading my local /etc/hosts form my laptop

im not sure where in that inception stack of things
i would need to change it to force it to use that ip since docker does weird things with
/etc/hosts so we proably can be ignored the squid data point.