[all][tc] Repository renames during OpenDev migration

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Apr 11 16:43:31 UTC 2019

On 2019-04-10 23:27:54 +0100 (+0100), Sean Mooney wrote:
[...]
> so after doing this if i clone directly i get
>
> sean at pop-os:~/testing$ git clone https://git.openstack.org/openstack/nova
> Cloning into 'nova'...
> warning: redirecting to https://opendev.org/openstack/nova/
> remote: Enumerating objects: 535171, done.
[...]

Perfect, that's git following the redirect just like we intend.

> and if i clone via a local squid proxy i get
>
> sean at pop-os:~/testing$ http_proxy=192.168.1.155:32345 git clone http://git.openstack.org/openstack/nova
> Cloning into 'nova'...
> remote: Counting objects: 535171, done.
[...]
> so via the proxy i dont even see the redirct warning
[...]

This is probably normal. Does squid pay attention to your /etc/hosts
entries, or is it just going directly to DNS lookups? Also possible
that it cached earlier name lookups.

Thanks for helping test it for us!
--
Jeremy Stanley