[dev] [nova] API updates week 19-14

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Apr 4 03:57:30 UTC 2019

Hi All,

After a long break, I am continuing nova API updates over email.

Please find the Nova API highlights of this week.

Weekly Office Hour:
===============
API office hour is on hold as of now. We can continue it if people are intrested. I am asking
the feedback on this ML thread- http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/004336.html

Planned Features :
==============
Now we are in Train developement cycle, so I am adding the Train proposed spec first and second part
includes all previously approved BP but not completed .

Code Ready for Review:
------------------------------
- None

Spec Ready for Review:
-----------------------------
1. Support adding description while locking an instance:
- Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/638629/
- Weekly Progress: Spec is in review.

2. Nova API policy improvement
- Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/547850/
- PoC: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/policy-default-refresh+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: Spec is ready to review, pushed the PoC patches for each proposed changed

3. Support deleting data volume when destroy instance
- Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/580336/
- Weekly Progress: Proposed for Train. Ready to review.

4. Nova API cleanup
- Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/603969/
- Weekly Progress: Proposed for Train. Ready to review.

5. Add host and hypervisor_hostname flag to create server
- Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/645458/
- Weekly Progress: Spec under review

6. Specifying az when restore shelved server
- Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/624689/
- Weekly Progress: Spec under review

7. default value of swap in the show flavor details API
- Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/648919/
- Weekly Progress: New spec, ready for review.

8. Support for changing deleted_on_termination after boot
-Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/580336/
- Weekly Progress: Ready for review.

9. Support delete_on_termination in volume attach api\
-Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/612949/
 - Weekly Progress: Ready for review.

10. Add API ref guideline for body text
- ~8 api-ref are left to fix.

Previously approved Spec needs to be re-proposed for Train:
1. Detach and attach boot volumes:
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/detach-boot-volume
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/detach-boot-volume+(status:open+OR+status:merged)

2. Servers Ips non-unique network names :
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/servers-ips-non-unique-network-names
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/servers-ips-non-unique-network-names+(status:open+OR+status:merged)

3. Volume multiattach enhancements:
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/volume-multiattach-enhancements
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/volume-multiattach-enhancements+(status:open+OR+status:merged)

BP Completed:
- None

Bugs:
====
No progress report in this week.

NOTE- There might be some bug which are not tagged as 'api' or 'api-ref', those are not in above list. Tag such bugs so that we can keep our eyes.

-gmann