[dev] [horizon] [tc] [release] [PTI] is tox a requirement even if tox is not used?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Dec 17 14:42:44 UTC 2018

On 2018-12-17 18:29:35 +0900 (+0900), Akihiro Motoki wrote:
[...]
> Can we drop tox.ini completely considering the situation below?

Seems reasonable to me. Can you help us clarify this in the Python
PTI with a patch to openstack/governance?

> These repositories do not depend on 'tox' on testing from their
> nature of re-packaging JS module in a python way. In addition,
> there is no document provided. The current PTI mentions only "tox
> -e docs".

I take it there's no point to publishing repository-specific
documentation for these?

> # Previously PTI required "venv" tox ini but it is no longer mentioned.

Yes, we used to require a tox "venv" testenv as a generic
environment setup and invocation entrypoint for generating sdist
tarballs and wheels to publish on PyPI, but have since switched to
invoking the relevant tools directly under the system Python
interpreter instead.
--
Jeremy Stanley