[dev] [horizon] [tc] [release] [PTI] is tox a requirement even if tox is not used?

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 14:57:54 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-12-17 at 14:42 +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2018-12-17 18:29:35 +0900 (+0900), Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> [...]
> > Can we drop tox.ini completely considering the situation below?
>
> Seems reasonable to me. Can you help us clarify this in the Python
> PTI with a patch to openstack/governance?
>
> > These repositories do not depend on 'tox' on testing from their
> > nature of re-packaging JS module in a python way. In addition,
> > there is no document provided. The current PTI mentions only "tox
> > -e docs".
>
> I take it there's no point to publishing repository-specific
> documentation for these?
well i think it would make sense to still use tox because of documentation.
ideally we should use common docs tools even if the project is not written
in python to maintian a common look and feel across all the offial proejcst.
also presumably horizon will continue to use reno for release notes and
therefor we shoudl keep tox for that usecase also.