Octavia Production Deployment Confused

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 22:12:19 UTC 2018

Zufar,

Hi. Before I start with your questions I want to let you know that the
Octavia team will see your message sooner if you add the [octavia]
prefix to your e-mail subject line.

As for the questions:
1. Yes, that should work, but the services project is usually named
"service". It gives the Octavia service more permissions that it
really needs, but will work as a starting point.
2. This can be accomplished in many ways. The traffic on the
"lb-mgmt-net" is IP based, so can be routed if you need in your
deployment. Others will use a provider network. Devstack pops a port
off the neutron OVS.

It might be helpful for you to look at our devstack setup script:
https://github.com/openstack/octavia/blob/master/devstack/plugin.sh
and/or the OpenStack Ansible role for Octavia:
https://github.com/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_octavia for
examples.

As always, we hang out in the #openstack-lbaas IRC channel if you
would like to chat about your deployment.

Michael