[openstack-dev] About microversion setting to enable nested resource provider

Naichuan Sun naichuan.sun at citrix.com
Fri Sep 14 01:28:12 UTC 2018

Hi, Sylvain,

Thank you very much for the information. It is pity that I can’t attend the meeting.
I have a concern about reshaper in multi-type vgpu support.
In the old vgpu support, we only have one vgpu inventory in root resource provider, which means we only support one vgpu type. When do reshape, placement will send allocations(which include just one vgpu resource allocation information) to the driver, if the host have more than one pgpu/pgpug(which support different vgpu type), how do we know which pgpu/pgpug own the allocation information? Do we need to communicate with hypervisor the confirm that?

Thank you very much.

BR.
Naichuan Sun