[openstack-dev] [election] [tc] TC Candidacy

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 13:26:35 UTC 2018

On 9/5/2018 1:20 PM, Kristi Nikolla wrote:
> I’m really excited to have the opportunity to take part in the discussion with
> regards to the technical vision for OpenStack. Regardless of election outcome,
> this is the first step towards a larger involvement from me in the important
> discussions (no more shying away from the important mailing list threads.)

I'm not trying to pick on you Kristi, but personally I'm tired of the TC
vision question that's been going on for years now and would like the
people I vote for to spend less time talking about OpenStack and what it
is or what it isn't (because that changes based on the person you talk
to and on what day you ask them), and spend more time figuring out how
to move cross-project initiatives forward. So whether or not OpenStack
is a toolkit for private/public/edge clouds, or a product, or something
else, there are likely common themes within OpenStack that we can
generally agree on across projects and need people to work on them,
rather than just talk about doing them. Are there specific cross-project
initiatives you are interested in working on?

Matt