[openstack-dev] [grenade][osc][rocky]openstack client Rocky does not work with python-cinderclient Rocky

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Mon Sep 3 06:27:10 UTC 2018

Hi All,

While doing the grenade setting to test the Rocky upgrade testing [1], i found osc Rocky version (3.15 or 3.16) does not work with python-cinderclient Rocky version (>=4.0.0) [2].

Failure are due to source_replica arg has been removed from python-cinderclient which went in Rocky release and osc fix of that went in after Rocky.

Openstackclient Rocky version - 3.16.0
cinderclient Rocky version - 4.0.1

These 2 version does not work because cinderclient >=4.0.0 has removed the source_replica arg which is being taken care in openstackclient > 3.16 [2] so openastackclient rocky version (3.15 or 3.16 does not work with cinderclient rocky version)

We should backport the openstackclient fix [3] to Rocky and then release the osc version for Rocky. I have proposed the backport [4].

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/591594
[2] http://logs.openstack.org/94/591594/2/check/neutron-grenade/b281347/logs/grenade.sh.txt.gz#_2018-09-03_01_29_36_289
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/587005/
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/599291/