[openstack-dev] [grenade][osc][rocky]openstack client Rocky does not work with python-cinderclient Rocky

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Mon Sep 3 07:52:34 UTC 2018

 ---- On Mon, 03 Sep 2018 15:27:10 +0900 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 > Hi All,
 >
 > While doing the grenade setting to test the Rocky upgrade testing [1], i found osc Rocky version (3.15 or 3.16) does not work with python-cinderclient Rocky version (>=4.0.0) [2].
 >
 > Failure are due to source_replica arg has been removed from python-cinderclient which went in Rocky release and osc fix of that went in after Rocky.
 >
 > Openstackclient Rocky version - 3.16.0
 > cinderclient Rocky version - 4.0.1
 >
 > These 2 version does not work because cinderclient >=4.0.0 has removed the source_replica arg which is being taken care in openstackclient > 3.16 [2] so openastackclient rocky version (3.15 or 3.16 does not work with cinderclient rocky version)
 >
 > We should backport the openstackclient fix [3] to Rocky and then release the osc version for Rocky. I have proposed the backport [4].
 >
 > [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/591594
 > [2] http://logs.openstack.org/94/591594/2/check/neutron-grenade/b281347/logs/grenade.sh.txt.gz#_2018-09-03_01_29_36_289

This should be detected in osc Rocky patches but seems like osc-functional-devstack job does not run for stable/rocky zuul.yaml or tox.ini only changes [1]. I am not sure why osc-functional-devstack job did not run for below patches. I did not find irrelevant-files regex which exclude those file. We can see stable/queens run the functional job for similar changes [2].  Is something wrong in job selection on zuul side ?

[1]
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/594306/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/586005/

[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/594302/