[openstack-dev] [tc] Organizational diversity tag

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu May 31 18:13:35 UTC 2018

On Tue, 29 May 2018, Samuel Cassiba wrote:

> The moniker of 'low-activity' does give the very real, negative perception
> that things are just barely hanging on. It conveys the subconscious,
> officiated statement (!!!whether or not this was intended!!!) that nobody
> in their right mind should consider using the subproject, let alone develop
> on or against it, for fear that it wind up some poor end-user's support
> nightmare.

Yeah. Which is really unfortunate because to some extent all
projects ought to be striving to be low activity in the sense of
mature, stable, (nearly) bug-free.

If our metrics are biased towards always committing then we are
encouraging unfettered growth which means we can never have any
sense of complete-ness or done-ness in any domains. It should be
okay to say a sub-domain of activity is done and move on to
improving the wider domain.