[openstack-dev] [docs] Style guide for OpenStack documentation

Ruby Loo opensrloo at gmail.com
Mon May 28 16:23:25 UTC 2018

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Stefano Canepa <sc at linux.it> wrote:

> Petr,
> ​do we really need to reference to another style guide?
> How many times people clicked on the link to the IBM guide?​
>
> Many years ago, I tried to understand the rationale behind some of the doc
team's recommendations. All roads led to this secret IBM guide. I did not
know of any easy way to get access to it, gave up, and stuck my head back
in the sand.

Having said that, I figured if that was the best way for the docs team to
do their work, who was I to argue about it, since I wasn't going to ante up
and do any of that work myself. *Some* documentation is better than *no*
documentation :)

How much of that IBM guide is used? Would it be easier to just summarize
the parts of interest? I've managed to live w/o looking at it (which
doesn't say much I guess). I dread another massive change to documentation
across all projects, due to changes of style. Unless it is all automated, I
don't feel like it is the best use of our human resources at this point in
time. (If you want to use your pets for this, I'm all for it.)

--ruby