[openstack-dev] [tc] Organizational diversity tag

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Sat May 26 21:46:06 UTC 2018

Hi everyone!

During the TC retrospective at the OpenStack summit last week, the
topic of the organizational diversity tag is becoming irrelevant was
brought up by Thierry (ttx)[1].  It seems that for projects that are
not very active, they can easily lose this tag with a few changes by
perhaps the infrastructure team for CI related fixes.

As an action item, Thierry and I have paired up in order to look into
a way to resolve this issue.  There have been ideas to switch this to
a report that is published at the end of the cycle rather than
continuously.  Julia (TheJulia) suggested that we change or track
different types of diversity.

Before we start diving into solutions, I wanted to bring this topic up
to the mailing list and ask for any suggestions.  In digging the
codebase behind this[2], I've found that there are some knobs that we
can also tweak if need-be, or perhaps we can adjust those numbers
depending on the number of commits.

All feedback welcome. :)

Regards,
Mohammed