[openstack-dev] [all][tc][ptls] final stages of python 3 transition

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Sun May 20 16:24:47 UTC 2018

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 03:05:34PM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 05/19/2018 07:54 PM, Matthew Treinish wrote:
> > On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 07:04:53PM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> >> using:
> >> - RBD backend
> >> - swift backend
> >> - swift+rgw
> >
> > As for the backend store choice I don't have any personal experience using
> > either of these 3 as a backend store. That being said your choice of store
> > should be independent from the getting glance-api deployed behind uwsgi
> > and a webserver.
> >
> > Although, you might have trouble with swift on py3, because IIRC that still
> > isn't working. (unless something changed recently) But, the store config is
> > really independent from getting the api to receive and handle api requests
> > properly.
>
> Thanks for these details. What exactly is the trouble with the Swift
> backend? Do you know? Is anyone working on fixing it? At my company,
> we'd be happy to work on that (if of course, it's not too time demanding).

Sorry I didn't mean the swift backend, but swift itself under python3:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Python3#OpenStack_applications_.28tc:approved-release.29

If you're trying to deploy everything under python3 I don't think you'll be
able to deploy swift. But if you already have a swift running then the glance
backend should work fine under pythom 3.