[openstack-dev] [cyborg] [nova] Cyborg quotas

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu May 17 22:18:16 UTC 2018

On 5/17/2018 3:36 PM, Nadathur, Sundar wrote:
> This applies only to the resources that Nova handles, IIUC, which does
> not handle accelerators. The generic method that Alex talks about is
> obviously preferable but, if that is not available in Rocky, is the
> filter an option?

If nova isn't creating accelerator resources managed by cyborg, I have
no idea why nova would be doing quota checks on those types of
resources. And no, I don't think adding a scheduler filter to nova for
checking accelerator quota is something we'd add either. I'm not sure
that would even make sense - the quota for the resource is per tenant,
not per host is it? The scheduler filters work on a per-host basis.

Like any other resource in openstack, the project that manages that
resource should be in charge of enforcing quota limits for it.

Matt