[openstack-dev] [swift][ironic][ceph][radosgw] radosgw "support" in python-swiftclient droped for ocata and above

Clay Gerrard clay.gerrard at gmail.com
Wed May 9 19:24:32 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 12:08 PM, Matthew Thode <prometheanfire at gentoo.org>
wrote:

> * Proper fix would be to make ceph support the account field

Is the 'rgw_swift_account_in_url' option not correct/sufficient?

> * Workaround would be to specify an old swiftclient to install (3.1.0,
> pre-ocata)

Doesn't seem great if a sysadmin wants to co-install the newer swiftclient
cli

> * Workaround would be to for swiftclient to be forked and 'fixed'

Not clear to me what the "fix" would be here - just don't do validation?
I'll assume the "fork threat" here is for completeness/emphasis :D

Do you know if ironic works with "normal" swift tempurls or only the
radosgw implementation of the swift api?

-Clay