[openstack-dev] [swift][ironic][ceph][radosgw] radosgw "support" in python-swiftclient droped for ocata and above

Matthew Thode prometheanfire at gentoo.org
Wed May 9 19:08:15 UTC 2018

On 18-05-09 13:42:02, Jim Rollenhagen wrote:
> On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 11:22 AM, Matthew Thode <prometheanfire at gentoo.org>
> wrote:
>
> > python-swiftclient prior to 3.2.0 seemed to incidentally support radosgw
> > tempurls.  That is, there was no official support, but it still worked.
> >
> > In 3.2.0 (specifically the linked commit(s)) tempurls were validated to
> > require /v1/account/container/object, which does not work with radosgw
> > as it expects /v1/container/object.  This means that radosgw tempurls
> > fail to work, which further means that radosgw will stop working for
> > things like ironic.
> >
> > I can see the point that swiftclient should not care about ceph not
> > fully implementing the swift spec and not supporting the radosgw url
> > syntax, but it seems like a step back.  If this is not fixed then things
> > like ironic will not work with radosgw for Ocata and above (as that's
> > when this change was made).  We'd need to wait for either ceph to fix
> > this and support the account part of the url (probably just dropping it)
> > or have people fork python-swiftclient to 'fix' it.
> >
> > I'm not sure what the right answer is...
> >

> Sounds like in the meantime ironic should pin python-swiftclient, yes?

That's one solution.  The following three solutions are what I see as
ways forward if swiftclient isn't changed.

* Proper fix would be to make ceph support the account field
* Workaround would be to specify an old swiftclient to install (3.1.0, pre-ocata)
* Workaround would be to for swiftclient to be forked and 'fixed'

--
Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)