[openstack-dev] Ironic Status Updates

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon May 7 20:34:41 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Julia Kreger's message of 2018-05-07 13:53:13 -0400:
> Greetings everyone,
>
> For some time, Rama Yeleswarapu (rama_y) has been graciously sending
> out a weekly update for Ironic to the mailing list. We found out late
> last week that this contributor would be unable to continue to do so.
> While discussing this and searching for a volunteer, we came up with
> two important questions that we determined should have some answers.
>
> The first being. Is anyone finding a weekly email useful for Ironic?
>
> The second being: If it is useful, would there be an alternative
> format that may be even more useful? Largely it is presently a
> copy/paste of our general purpose whiteboard. Perhaps a stream of
> consciousness or commentary to convey the delta from week to week?
>
> -Julia

As a consumer of team updates from outside of the team, I do find
them valuable.

I think having a regular email update like that is a good communication
pattern we've started to establish with several teams, and I'm going
to ask the TC to help find ways to make those updates more visible
for folks who want to stay informed but can't spend the time it
takes to read all of the messages on the mailing list (blogs, RSS,
twitter, etc.).

So, I hope the Ironic team can find a volunteer (or several to share
the work?) to step in and continue with summaries in some form.

Doug