[openstack-dev] [tc][goals] tracking status of old goals for new projects

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon May 7 13:52:16 UTC 2018

There is a patch to update the Python 3.5 goal for Kolla [1]. While
I'm glad to see the work happening, the change adds a new deliverable
to an old goal, and it isn’t clear whether we want to use that
approach for tracking goal work indefinitely. I see a few options.

1. We could update the existing document.

2. We could set up stories in storyboard like we are doing for newer
   goals.

3. We could do nothing to record the work related to the goal.

I like option 2, because it means we will be consistent with future
tracking data and we end up with fewer changes in the governance repo
(which was the reason for moving to storyboard in the first place).

What do others think?

Doug

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/557863/