[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-sig/news
ed at leafe.com
Thu May 3 17:02:51 UTC 2018
Greetings OpenStack community,
A well-attended meeting today. I'm pleased to report that a good time was had by all.
The discussion centered primarily on the email to the dev list  from Gilles Dubreuil regarding the possibility of using GraphQL  as a wrapper/replacement for the OpenStack APIs/SDKs. None of us are familiar with GraphQL in more than a cursory way, so we thought it would be best to propose starting with a limited proof-of-concept test. This would involve a team of people interested in GraphQL to work separately to wrap a single OpenStack service, and then, based on the results, either make it something we embrace OpenStack-wide, or chalk up as another interesting experiment. mordred suggested that they use Neutron as the test case, as their API requires a lot of client-side work for many typical queries. edleafe agreed to respond on the mailing list with these thoughts. We also agreed that edleafe needs to be more mindful of his phrasing in emails.
Due to the late interest of Gilles and others, we decided to resurrect our BoF session at the upcoming Vancouver Forum. If you will be there, and you have an interest in anything API- or SDK-related, please plan on joining us!
As always if you're interested in helping out, in addition to coming to the meetings, there's also:
* The list of bugs  indicates several missing or incomplete guidelines.
* The existing guidelines  always need refreshing to account for changes over time. If you find something that's not quite right, submit a patch  to fix it.
* Have you done something for which you think guidance would have made things easier but couldn't find any? Submit a patch and help others .
# Newly Published Guidelines
# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze
Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.
# Guidelines Currently Under Review 
* Update parameter names in microversion sdk spec
* Add API-schema guide (still being defined)
* A (shrinking) suite of several documents about doing version and service discovery
Start at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459405/
* WIP: microversion architecture archival doc (very early; not yet ready for review)
# Highlighting your API impacting issues
If you seek further review and insight from the API SIG about APIs that you are developing or changing, please address your concerns in an email to the OpenStack developer mailing list with the tag "[api]" in the subject. In your email, you should include any relevant reviews, links, and comments to help guide the discussion of the specific challenge you are facing.
To learn more about the API SIG mission and the work we do, see our wiki page  and guidelines .
Thanks for reading and see you next week!
Past Meeting Records
-- Ed Leafe
More information about the OpenStack-dev