[openstack-dev] Subject: [all][api] POST /api-sig/news
ed at leafe.com
Thu Jul 26 16:39:00 UTC 2018
Greetings OpenStack community,
We had a short but sweet meeting today, as all four core members were around for the first time in several weeks. The one action item from last week, reaching out to the people working on the GraphQL experiment, was done, but so far we have not heard back on their progress.
notmyname suggested that we investigate the IETF  draft proposal for Best Practices when building HTTP protocols  which may be relevant to our work, so we all agreed to review the document (all 30 pages of it!) by next week, where we will discuss it further.
Finally, we merged two patches that had had universal approval (yes, the *entire* universe), sending cdent's stats through the roof.
As always if you're interested in helping out, in addition to coming to the meetings, there's also:
* The list of bugs  indicates several missing or incomplete guidelines.
* The existing guidelines  always need refreshing to account for changes over time. If you find something that's not quite right, submit a patch  to fix it.
* Have you done something for which you think guidance would have made things easier but couldn't find any? Submit a patch and help others .
# Newly Published Guidelines
* Expand schema for error.codes to reflect reality
* Add links to error-example.json
# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze
# Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.
# Guidelines Currently Under Review 
* Update parameter names in microversion sdk spec
* Add API-schema guide (still being defined)
* A (shrinking) suite of several documents about doing version and service discovery
Start at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459405/
* WIP: microversion architecture archival doc (very early; not yet ready for review)
# Highlighting your API impacting issues
If you seek further review and insight from the API SIG about APIs that you are developing or changing, please address your concerns in an email to the OpenStack developer mailing list with the tag "[api]" in the subject. In your email, you should include any relevant reviews, links, and comments to help guide the discussion of the specific challenge you are facing.
To learn more about the API SIG mission and the work we do, see our wiki page  and guidelines .
Thanks for reading and see you next week!
Past Meeting Records
-- Ed Leafe
More information about the OpenStack-dev