[openstack-dev] Disk space requirement - any way to lower it a little?

Cédric Jeanneret cjeanner at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 15:30:27 UTC 2018

Hello,

While trying to get a new validation¹ in the undercloud preflight
checks, I hit an (not so) unexpected issue with the CI:
it doesn't provide flavors with the minimal requirements, at least
regarding the disk space.

A quick-fix is to disable the validations in the CI - Wes has already
pushed a patch for that in the upstream CI:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/583275/
We can consider this as a quick'n'temporary fix².

The issue is on the RDO CI: apparently, they provide instances with
"only" 55G of free space, making the checks fail:
https://logs.rdoproject.org/17/582917/3/openstack-check/legacy-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-3ctlr_1comp-featureset001-master/c9cf398/logs/undercloud/home/zuul/undercloud_install.log.txt.gz#_2018-07-17_10_23_46

So, the question is: would it be possible to lower the requirment to,
let's say, 50G? Where does that 60G³ come from?

Thanks for your help/feedback.

Cheers,

C.

¹ https://review.openstack.org/#/c/582917/

² as you might know, there's a BP for a unified validation framework,
and it will allow to get injected configuration in CI env in order to
lower the requirements if necessary:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/validation-framework

³
http://tripleo.org/install/environments/baremetal.html#minimum-system-requirements