[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Retiring ceilometerclient

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Wed Jan 10 23:28:05 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-10 05:10 PM, Jon Schlueter wrote:
> I would think that a discussion around retiring a project should also
> include at least enumerating
> which projects are currently consuming it [5].  That way a little bit
> of pressure on those consumers
> can be exerted to evaluate their usage of an about to be retired
> project.  It shouldn't stop the
> discussions around retiring a project just a data point for decision making.

this is a very valid point. this is something overlooked on my part.

out of curiosity, but what's the effect have 'retiring' something in
openstack and having services still referencing ceilometerclient? is it
that it will not get packaged in centos/ubuntu and therefore will be
missing requirements when installed? or can you not build the package at
all?

cheers,

--
gord