[openstack-dev] [all] propose to upgrade python kubernetes (the k8s python client) to 4.0.0 which breaks oslo.service

Lingxian Kong anlin.kong at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 21:45:26 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 1:56 AM, Eyal Leshem <ey.leshem at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> According to https://github.com/eventlet/eventlet/issues/147 - it's looks
> that eventlet
> has issue with "multiprocessing.pool".
>
> The ThreadPool used in code that auto-generated by swagger.
>
> Possible workaround for that is to monky-patch the client library ,
> and replace the pool with greenpool.

Hi, leyal, I'm not very familar with eventlet, but how can I monkey patch
kubernetes python lib?
The only way I can see now is to replace oslo.service with something else,
e.g. cotyledon, avoid to use eventlet, that's a signaficant change though.
I also found this bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/taskflow/+bug/1225275 in
taskflow, they chose to not use multiprocessing module.

Any other suggestions are welcomed!