[openstack-dev] [tripleo] tripleo-upgrade pike branch

Marius Cornea mariusc at redhat.com
Tue Jan 2 17:56:30 UTC 2018

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!

As the migration of tripleo-upgrade repo to the openstack namespace is
now complete I think it's the time to create a Pike branch to capture
the current state so we can use it for Pike testing and keep the
master branch for Queens changes. The update/upgrade steps are
changing between versions and the aim of branching the repo is to keep
the update/upgrade steps clean per branch to avoid using conditionals
based on release. Also tripleo-upgrade should be compatible with
different tools used for deployment(tripleo-quickstart, infrared,
manual deployments) which use different vars for the version release
so in case of using conditionals we would need extra steps to
normalize these variables.

I wanted to bring this topic up for discussion to see if branching is
the proper thing to do here.

Thanks,
Marius