[openstack-dev] [nova] [placement] resource providers update 18-07

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 02:17:55 UTC 2018

On 2/16/2018 7:54 AM, Chris Dent wrote:
> Before I get to the meat of this week's report, I'd like to request
> some feedback from readers on how to improve the report. Over its
> lifetime it has grown and it has now reached the point that while it
> tries to give the impression of being complete, it never actually is,
> and is a fair chunk of work to get that way.
>
> So perhaps there is a way to make it a bit more focused and thus bit
> more actionable. If there are parts you can live without or parts you
> can't live without, please let me know.
>
> One idea I've had is to do some kind of automation to make it what
> amounts to a dashboard, but I'm not super inclined to do that because
> the human curation has been useful for me. If it's not useful for
> anyone else, however, then that's something to consider.

-1 on a dashboard unless it's just something like a placement-specific
review dashboard, but you'd have to star or somehow label
placement-specific patches. I appreciate the human thought/comments on
the various changes for context.

I don't think I'd remove anything. One thing to maybe add is work on the
osc-placement plugin:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/osc-placement+branch:master+topic:bp/placement-osc-plugin-rocky

We did a grind through a bunch of those in Queens and made good progress
on providing a minimal useful set of CLIs in osc-placement 1.0.0, so I'd
like to see that continue, especially as deployments are upgrading to
the point of needing to interact with placement from an ops perspective.

Matt