[openstack-dev] [tripleo] quickstart for humans

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Fri Aug 31 11:11:42 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 3:28 PM, Honza Pokorny <honza at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Over the last few months, it seems that tripleo-quickstart has evolved
> into a CI tool.  It's primarily used by computers, and not humans.
> tripleo-quickstart is a helpful set of ansible playbooks, and a
> collection of feature sets.  However, it's become less useful for
> setting up development environments by humans.  For example, devmode.sh
> was recently deprecated without a user-friendly replacement. Moreover,
> during some informal irc conversations in #oooq, some developers even
> mentioned the plan to merge tripleo-quickstart and tripleo-ci.

I was recently directed to the reproducer-quickstart.sh script that's
written in the logs directory for all oooq CI jobs - does that help as
a replacement for the previous devmode interface?

Not that familiar with it myself but it seems to target many of the
use-cases you mention e.g uniform reproducer for issues, potentially
quicker way to replicate CI results?

Steve