[openstack-dev] [nova] pep8 failures on master

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Apr 3 22:08:11 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Michael Still's message of 2018-04-04 07:54:59 +1000:
> Thanks to jichenjc for fixing the pep8 failures I was seeing on master. I'd
> decided they were specific to my local dev environment given no one else
> was seeing them.
>
> As I said in the patch that fixed the issue [1], I think its worth
> exploring how these got through the gate in the first place. There is
> nothing in the patch which stops us from ending up here again, and no real
> explanation for what caused the issue in the first place.
>
> Discuss.
>
> Michael
>

> 1: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/557633

Were you running pep8 with python 3 locally (that might happen if
tox is installed under python 3 so the default base-python is python3
instead of just python)?

There are some different defaults in flake8 based on the version
of Python, but I don't know if those 2 specific errors are among
that set.

Doug