[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Deploy Keystone, Glance and Mariadb in Kubernetes with TripleO

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Wed Sep 20 14:14:48 UTC 2017

Hey Folks,

I just posted a screencast sharing the progress I've made on the kubernetes
effort[0]. I've pasted part of the blog post below in case you want to discuss
some parts of it.

What if I want to play with it?
===============================

Here's a small recap of what's needed to play with this PoC. Before you do,
though, bear in mind that this work is in its very early days and that there are
*many* things that don't work or that could be better. As usual, any kind of
feedback and/or contribution are welcome. Note that some of the steps below
require root access

1# Clone the tripleo-apbs repository and its submodules:

    git clone --recursive https://github.com/tripleo-apb/tripleo-apbs

2# Build the images you want to run:

    ./build.sh mariadb
    ./build.sh glance
    ./build.sh keystone

3# Clone the `undercloud_containers` repo and run the `doit.sh` script. This
repo is meant to be used only for development purposes:

    git clone https://github.com/flaper87/undercloud_containers

4# Prepare the environment

     cd undercloud_containers && ./doit.sh

5# Deploy the undercloud (as root)

    cd $HOME && ./run.sh

The `doit.sh` scripts uses my fork of tripleo-heat-templates, which contains the
changes to use the APBs. It's important to highlight that this fork doesn't
introduce changes to the existing API. You can see the comparison between the
fork and the main tripleo-heat-template's repo[1]:

[0] http://blog.flaper87.com/glance-keystone-mariadb-on-k8s-with-tripleo.html
[1] https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates/compare/master...flaper87:tht-apbs

Flavio

--