[openstack-dev] [TripleO] roles_data.yaml equivalent in containers

Abhishek Kane Abhishek.Kane at veritas.com
Wed Oct 25 05:41:07 UTC 2017

Hi,

In THT I have an environment file and corresponding puppet service for Veritas HyperScale.
https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates/blob/master/environments/veritas-hyperscale/veritas-hyperscale-config.yaml
https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates/blob/master/puppet/services/veritas-hyperscale-controller.yaml

This service needs rabbitmq user the hooks for it is “veritas_hyperscale::hs_rabbitmq”-
https://github.com/openstack/puppet-tripleo/blob/master/manifests/profile/base/rabbitmq.pp#L172

In order to configure Veritas HyperScale, I add “OS::TripleO::Services::VRTSHyperScale” to roles_data.yaml file and use following command-

# openstack overcloud deploy --templates -r /home/stack/roles_data.yaml -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/veritas-hyperscale/veritas-hyperscale-config.yaml -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/veritas-hyperscale/cinder-veritas-hyperscale-config.yaml

This command sets “veritas_hyperscale_controller_enabled” to true in hieradata and all the hooks gets called.

I am trying to containerize Veritas HyperScale services. I used following config file in quickstart-
http://paste.openstack.org/show/624438/

It has the environment files-
  -e {{overcloud_templates_path}}/environments/veritas-hyperscale/cinder-veritas-hyperscale-config.yaml
  -e {{overcloud_templates_path}}/environments/veritas-hyperscale/veritas-hyperscale-config.yaml

But this itself doesn’t set “veritas_hyperscale_controller_enabled” to true in hieradata and veritas_hyperscale::hs_rabbitmq doesn’t get called.
https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates/blob/master/roles_data.yaml#L56

How do I add OS::TripleO::Services::VRTSHyperScale in case of containers?

Thanks,
Abhishek